The objective of this Scheme is to encourage skill development for youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programs. Specifically, the Scheme aims to:
- encourage standardization in the certification process and initiate a process of creating a registry of skills and trainings; and
- increase productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- provide Monetary Awards for Skill Certification to boost employability and productivity of youth by incentivizing them for skill trainings
- reward candidates undergoing skill training by authorized institutions at an average monetary reward per candidate.
- benefit 10 lakh youth at an approximate total cost of ₹ 1,000 Crores.
- This Scheme shall be implemented through Public-Private and Public-Public partnerships.
- NSDC will be the implementing agency for this Scheme and NSDF shall monitor the implementation of the Scheme, using mutually agreed criteria with NSDC.
- The Scheme will provide monetary incentives for successful completion of, market-driven skill training to approximately ten lakh youth in a span of one year from the date of implementation of the scheme.
- All trainings will be specifically oriented for developing skills in specific growth sectors.
- Assessment and training bodies for all purposes of the Scheme will be separate and no overlap of roles will be allowed to maintain transparency and objectivity.
- Appropriate consideration will be provided to the economically backward sections.
Eligible Sectors and Job Roles
- a) While the Scheme is intended to cover all job roles in all sectors, it will initially cover only a limited number of high-market-demand Job Roles in specific economic sectors from Levels I to IV in the NVEQF/NSQF.
- b) NOSs and QPs for these roles will be prepared by the respective SSCs, and will constitute 80% of the entry-level workforce in priority sectors.